Full Author Details…
Greetings, if you want to know about Susan M B Preston – read on! Listed here is her background. In the ‘Press’ section you will find less formal bios.
Susan is the author of the Apostle John series, of which several have won awards.
This series brings early Christianity to life. None of the books in the series ‘preach’, instead they use mainly fictional characters to ‘bring these early Christians to life’ as people, not stories in a ‘dusty’ Bible or vaguely remembered from Sunday school.
Although Susan started writing in primary school, it was in the early 1980s that Susan became involved in Children’s Ministry and combined the two interests.
Summarizing Susan Preston’s experience:
- Planning, and conducting training for leaders involved in Children’s Ministry
- Planning the programs, activities, and running weekly ‘Kid’s Club’ meetings
- Planning and running children’s holiday programs. (Run by a church, Anglican.)
- Writing material for activity sheets and lessons
- Writing/planning and conducting weekend workshops for children during adult worship seminars. (Anglican and Lutheran.)
- Writing articles/segments for a national church magazine
- Planning, organizing and running segments in Children’s holiday program. (Uniting Church)
- Co-author of several book for ‘Children in the Church’ (Anglican)
- Co-developer and co-leader of initial Koinonia program for Anglican children pre-Communion admission.
- Authored several ‘help’ books for children e.g. ‘We Are Divorced’ which was also used for leadership training.
- Graduated after two year training course at Rhema Bible Training Centre.
- A registered Trainer and Assessor, holder of a Microsoft Master’s Certificate in Office 2007, and Certificate IV in both Business and Business Admin.
- Extensive experience in training people in computer use, leadership training and using software applications.
- Speaker on early church history, and her books.
From August 2018 Susan has been on oxygen 24/7 – a learning curve if ever there was one!
However, her oxygen tube reaches her study and desk, so she is not finished yet.
Living in Australia, the easiest way to contact her is through her website contact form – or if you don’t like that option you can email her using susan at susanprestonauthor.com (make the appropriate change.)
Susan’s postal address is:
P O Box 4285, Alexander Heights, W.A, Australia.
(The W.A. is for Western Australia, not Washington )
If you want to know more about the series, and/or the time-setting, sign up for the monthly newsletter, updates, background info and other freebies.I